When you want a holiday with a difference you may want to try one of these 10 coolest places and most unusual places to stay in the United States.
1. Jeules Undersea Lodge at Key Largo but you need to dive 21 metres to enter this Unique hotel. Once an underwater research centre in the 70’s it was once the most advanced habitats created. It is still used for research but there are two dedicated rooms for people wanting to dive and explore the undersea environment. And even when resting in your room you have a window to the sea where fish can watch you.
2. Out’n’About Treehouses Treesort, Takilma, Oregon. These tree houses are family sized and equipped with all modern conveniences. The 18 tree houses are all different giving different experiences of country living with some having access by swing bridges or Zip Lines.
3. The Shady Dell Vintage Trailer Court, Bisbee, Arizona. This time capsule is formed from original 1950’s trailers, beautifully restored and the whole area is designed for you to step back in time and experience life as it was in the 50’s.
4. Winvian is based at Morris near Lichfield, on an old family farm and is the product of a competition between daughters. This resulted in a luxury cottage resort where each cottage has a different theme and feel including the Helicopter themed property which is actually built into a U.S. coast guard Sikorsky helicopter which they rescued.
5. Featherbed Railroad offers nine differently decorated antique railroad cabooses in a lovely relaxing atmosphere, on the shore of Lake County, Clearway lake. Complete with the old station house and a pool. Ideal for a romantic retreat.
6. Beckham Creek Cave Lodge, Parthenon, Arkansa. This unusual resort is created like a house with cave walls and ceilings and a waterfall in the main room. It has 5 bedrooms that bring you close to nature in comfort.
7. Dog Bark Park Inn Cottonwood. The world’s largest Beagle is a B&B offering 2 rooms within its body. Visitors can roam Dog Bark park which is run and owned by chainsaw artists Dennis J. Sullivan and his wife Frances and exhibits much of their work.
8. Rolling Hutscan be found in Washington’s Methow Valley. These rollaway cabins are placed so as to look like a herd of cattle. They offer designer modern camping with power, heating and room with comfortfor for 2-4 people and great views of the mountains.
9. Wigwam Hotel Arizona. This historic wigwam village is one of the last 3 of 15 Wigwam motels originally built in the 50’s. These steel built authentic looking wigwams provide all mod cons for a modern comfortable stay.
10. The Liberty Hotel, Boston, Massachusetts For anyone who wants to experience prison life. Based in Boston it is a good place to stay to discover the city, while adding some history to your visit. Although the building holds strong to its history the hotel is far from stark with luxury everywhere you turn.